Do you see the enormous benefits of employing international talent with a strong skillset and view of the world?
Are you looking for ways to strengthen your business by bringing migrant workers from overseas? Widening your catchment area of potential job candidates to include the rest of the world makes sense for your business.
Migrants add a varied education, employment history and a richness of experience to your team. But we know many employers loathe the idea of the “red tape” around visa applications, often avoiding it altogether. This means missing out on quality applicants.
The current labour shortage is a real headache for New Zealand companies. The dire situation of not being able to respond to work demands because you are unable to hire into your roles is a real concern for many business owners and recruiters.
There are numerous and changing criteria when employing a migrant (particularly in the face of COVID-19). It is vital for businesses to remain inside Employment and Immigration law, the consequences of failing to do so can result in fines or other sanctions for your business. And that’s where NZ Visa Connections comes in.
Our proven success in supporting employers will save you money and time. We navigate the process for you, keeping on the pulse of policy changes and process requirements at government level in real-time. We’ll tackle that red tape for you.
Change is imminent – Accredited Employer scheme due to start
Sweeping changes to the New Zealand work visa scheme have been announced; the impact of which will be keenly felt by employers. By July 2022, any business wanting to hire migrant workers must first be registered, or accredited, with Immigration New Zealand.
The coming months will be a valuable time for employers, who should begin now to prepare their businesses for successful accreditation applications.
So, if you currently employ people from other countries – or if you want to in the future, you have come to the right place. Read more on becoming an Accredited Employer with NZ Visa Connections
Ways we can support your business
We have successfully helped people come to New Zealand for years and are passionate about supporting employers to build their business with the staff they need – we really understand how critical it can be to your company.
- Accredited Employer Package: Let us assist you to apply successfully. We can review the documentation and processes you have in place, identify gaps, and advise you on how to fix them.
- Immigration Problems: Many visa applications meet roadblocks during processing or risk being declined for a myriad of reasons. Have your migrant staff received a letter from immigration saying they need to provide more information? We can formulate the response that Immigration New Zealand need to approve the visa.
- Perfect Visa Applications: NZ Visa Connections ensures all visa applications meet strict immigration criteria, getting it right from the start to save you and your migrants time, energy and money.
- General immigration Queries: These crop up all the time in the daily running of New Zealand businesses. Got a general immigration question? We are always happy to chat.
- New Zealand employers often offer their migrant staff the chance to do further education and training. Speak to us first to ensure this is within the criteria of the visa they hold and for our view on what specific qualifications are likely to be of most benefit to the migrant and your business.
Learn more about Employer Accreditation.
Learn more about our proven Recruitment and Business Support Services.